A Letter To Our Family & Friends regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19)
At the Lanap & Implant Center of Pennsylvania, it has always been our goal to protect the health and safety of our patients and staff. The Lanap & Implant Center of Pennsylvania uses Intensive Universal Precautions and Transmission-Based Precautions.
However, based on the very serious nature of this virus and pandemic the office is closed for the next 2 weeks. At the Lanap & Implant Center of Pennsylvania, as appointments are booked for April we will be gathering information about the well-being and recent travel history of every patient.
If it is determined that a patient may have an acute illness or was exposed to one, treatment at our office will be deferred until the patient has recovered. We will keep you posted as this evolves
The coronavirus (COVID-19) situation remains clear; isolate, shut down and stay healthy. We promise to share with you what we believe will help you and your family. As a nation the faster we stop moving about, the faster this will remit.
Coronavirus Concerns & Precautions
The novel coronavirus is known to cause a Fever with possible respiratory fibrosis (COVID-19), with symptoms including the possibility of fever, coughing and difficulty breathing. There is currently no vaccination to protect against COVID-19, nor are there drugs to specifically treat the virus.
However , there are protocols which have been successful .
Based on personal first hand knowledge , the disease can initiate complete Respiratory shutdown in diabetics, medically compromised patients and healthy patients young or old .
Covid-19 is very dangerous a combination of SARS, HIV, INFLUENZA with a bacterial vector called PROVETELLA.
If anyone you know has symptoms of a virus here are some simple differentiations.
- The Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for 14 plus days after exposure.
- A fever with achy bones will ensue for 5 to 7 days. Some people will remit others will progress to monitor lung involvement.
To monitor lung involvement, take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it indicates there may be no Fibrosis in lungs.
If you feel any lung involvement call your doctor immediately or go to the emergency room.
In a critical time, please self-check every morning.
Stay well hyrdrated!
- If you have a runny nose and sputum, you may have a common cold.
- Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
- This virus is NOT heat-resistant and it hates the Sun.
- If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
- If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours – so if you come into contact with any metal surface – wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
- On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours, normal laundry detergent will kill it. Leave your clothes in the garage after entering from grocery store.
- Drinking hot fluids can more comfort the respirator passages.
- Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but – a lot can happen during that time – you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
- You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice. Also gargle with vinegar for 30 seconds tilt your head back so it gets to the back of your throat and spit out.
- Can’t emphasis enough – drink plenty of water!
If you develop lung involvement or difficulty breathing go to the hospital immediately.
Nutritional protocols can help keep your immune system strong.
zinc, b vitamins, phospholipid vit c (5000mg daily), quercetin, Vit d3 / K2 sublingual delivery / immune boosting herbs, 1 billion probiotic daily.
Raw Cannabis tinctures consisting of THC / CBD with raw molecules can help with the pain of the disease while supporting the immune system if you have a medical card.
Iv vitamin mega dose therapy may help keep your immune system strong.
- Vitamin C 12,000 mg day
- Magnesium sulfate
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Vitamin B12
These centers have popped up everywhere. Google them.
In addition to Chloroquine an antimalarial has been used with effectiveness in helping remit coronavirus.
Please contact us with any questions.
If you have corona, iv therapy has been shown to extremely effective. In addition Chloroquine an antimalarial has shown effectiveness against the virus. If someone is in desperate respiratory situation hyperbaric oxygen may help.
For any friends or family involved please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us for specific protocols and any questions.
The Lanap and Implant Center of Pennsylvania
DiGiallorenzo DMD and Associates
Experiences Doctors Trust, Expertise and Comfort Patients Love
Standard Precautions are the minimum infection prevention practices that apply to all patient care, regardless of the suspected or confirmed infection status of the patient, in any setting where health care is delivered.
Transmission-Based Precautions include Contact Precautions, Droplet Precautions and Airborne Precautions, and are based on the likely routes of transmission of specific infectious agents.
Our office protocols are designed to protect both Dental Healthcare Personnel (DHCP) and you, our patients. These precautions include:
- Hand hygiene
- Use of personal protective equipment (e.g., gloves, masks, eyewear)
- Respiratory hygiene / cough etiquette
- Sharps Safety (engineering and work practice controls)
- Safe injection practices (i.e., aseptic technique for parenteral medications)
- Sterilization of instruments and devices. All instruments are sterilized or used once and disposed of.
- All surfaces of our dental treatment rooms are cleaned and disinfected after every patient.
The materials and methods used have been shown to be effective for viruses. As with flu outbreaks that came before it, we believe the current coronavirus situation will pass. At present, however, keeping aware of the latest information can lead to the proper balance of caution with reduced fear.
We remain committed to keeping you informed, as well as protecting your health and safety. If you would like to find out more on your own, we highly recommend the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center at https://coronavirus.jhu.edu.
Please feel free to share any questions or concerns you may have with us
Call the Lanap & Implant Center of Pennsylvania at either of our two locations
Collegeville p. 610-409-6064 in South Williamsport p. 570-322-4741.
Digiallorenzo DMD and Associates
Dr. David DiGiallorenzo and Dr. Henry Hsu