- START PURE: Microflora present in the oral cavity before implantation determine the composition of new establishing microflora on implants. The PerioLase® MVP-7™ immediately suppresses red and orange complex periodontal pathogens below culture detection limit.
- SET UP FOR SUCCESS: Limit use of antibacterial rinses such as chlorhexidine that disturb and delay wound healing, especially when bone is exposed and have a negative impact on osteogenesis.
- MORE EFFECTIVE than debridement alone: Nd:YAG laser treatment + S/RP is more effective in reducing periodontal pathogens in systemically healthy patients and those with coronary artery disease, as well as reducing PPD, CAL, GI and GCF.
- PROFOUND HEALING: Increases the cell population of gingival fibroblasts and promote a higher secretion of EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor).
- ELIMINATE RESIDUAL BACTERIA: Bacteria can persist as a contaminant in apparently healed alveolar bone following extraction of teeth with apical or radicular pathosis. Nd:YAG laser wavelength can penetrate up to 6mm in tissue and bone to eliminate residual bacteria.
- UNIQUE PATIENT EXPERIENCE: BLAST is minimally invasive, quick, and virtually painless. Patients actively look for treatment options that have the least impact on their lives and integrate the newest technology with positive benefits.
Bacterial Reduction and Reduction of Inflammation
- Induction of collagen formation (fibrosis)
- Activation of growth factors
- Eliminate nonpredictable chemotherapeutics
- Nd:YAG laser as a possible adjunctive treatment of oral malodor (halitosis)
- Measure depth of extraction site
- Create the biostimulation effects
- Growth factor upregulation
The Nd:YAG laser – at appropriate parameters – achieves bacterial ablation WITHOUT damaging metal surface of implants and blunts the pro-inflammatory power of titanium-adherent lipopolysaccaharide (LPS) on macrophages and endothelial cells. Dental implant surgery produces bone debris that is contaminated with a wide range of oral bacteria. Bacterial endotoxin LPS is a prime pathogenic factor of peri- implantitis and adheres tenaciously to titanium implants.
Dental procedures attempting to control active microbial contamination (e.g. mechanical debridement with antiseptics/antibiotics) may actually release extra LPS following bacteria death, paradoxically enhancing the inflammatory reaction around the implant and setting your implant up to fail! LPS also affects cells involved in bone remodeling and may induce alveolar bone resorption; hampers alveolar osteoblast activity and differentiation. The BLAST protocol with the PerioLase MVP-7 denatures and eliminates pathogenic bacteria and LPS.