Get Your Strong Bite Back With Metal-Free Dental Implants in Collegeville
Patients who are missing teeth often want one thing: to be able to chew comfortably. Dr. David DiGiallorenzo offers several types of dental implants at his Collegeville, PA dentist office to restore your full oral function, including:Doctor David DiGiallorenzo on metal free dental implants Read Transcript
Hi, I'm Dr. David DiGiallorenzo of the LANAP and Implant Center. Today I'm just going to talk briefly about metal-free dental implants and metal-free dentistry.
Our goal at the LANAP and Implant Center is to create therapeutic endeavors that are as minimally invasive as possible. As well, we want the reactivity of the materials and the toxicity of the materials to be as low as possible.
About seven years ago, I was one of the first practitioners to begin to utilize zirconium dental implants once they were FDA approved in the US market. These implants are not for everyone. Here's how I'll state zirconium implants. When you have the perfect bite, the perfect bone, the perfect occlusion, and the perfect health, you are a super candidate for zirconium implants.
But again, many people come in and they ask for metal-free dentistry when they are missing one tooth. I look around their mouth and they have old amalgam restorations. They have old crowns with mixed metals. So the therapeutic benefit of having a dental implant that is metal-free when they have a mouthful of metal that could be posing some issues isn't really a valuable option at that moment. Each patient is unique, their health is unique, their symptoms are unique, so we need to really fashion treatment plans that are best suited for that patient.
- Metal-Free Dental Implants – Patients travel from around the country for these implants made of strong and biocompatible zirconia.
- Immediate Tooth Replacement Options – Get your implants and replacement teeth in one visit in a process we call immediate total tooth replacement.
- Implant-Supported and Implant-Retained Dentures – Get full arches of replacement teeth in your upper jaw, lower jaw, or both. Your overdentures will attach to either two or four implants per arch and will remain secure without adhesive.
Our specialists can replace anywhere from a single tooth (with one implant and a dental crown) to a whole mouthful of teeth with implants. We were the first practice in the entire country to place zirconium implants! To find out which kinds of dental implants are right for your smile, call 610-228-4366.
Enjoy Many Dental Implants Advantages
Implants are nothing like traditional teeth replacements. They’re far superior in many ways:Metal Free Dental Implants
- You won’t have to think about them – They look, feel, and function almost exactly like your natural teeth. Your oral hygiene routine won’t need to change. You may even forget you have them!
- They keep your jaw healthy – When you lose teeth or wear dentures for a while, your jawbone shrinks as your bone resorbs over time. Implants function like natural tooth roots to stimulate your jaw and keep it healthy.
- They stay in place – Since implants are embedded in your jaw, they won’t shift or move. Your replacement teeth attach firmly to them using either a snap-and-ball mechanism or a metal bar. Bite into a crisp apple with no worries about dislodging your teeth.
See If Metal-Free Implants Are Right For You
As part of our commitment to biologically based, holistic treatment, the LANAP and Implant Center offers metal-free implants. Because of increasing interest in holistic dentistry and metal-free treatments, zirconia dental implants are gaining in popularity. Patients travel from all over the country for this procedure.
Whether you suffer from a sensitivity to titanium or just prefer to use metal-free options whenever possible, metal-free implants offer clear benefits:
- Zirconia dental implants are completely biocompatible with your gum and bone tissue.
- Traditional implants can sometimes leave a darkened area along the gumline. Zirconia better matches the color of your natural tooth roots, which gives you a more aesthetic result.
- Zirconia can actually discourage plaque and tartar buildup, which lowers your risk for future gum disease.
You won’t find a more experienced metal-free implant dentist in the United States. In 2009, Z-Systems, a Swiss biotechnology company, selected the LANAP and Implant Center to be the first dental office in the U.S. to begin using its Z-Look zirconia dental implant. Since then, Dr. DiGiallorenzo has utilized several generations of metal-free implant designs. He has more experience and understanding than anyone in the U.S. on how to achieve success with zirconium and when it’s best to use metal-free dental implants.
Stem Cells Encourage Faster Recovery
In addition to offering the latest in dental implant technology and materials, Dr. DiGiallorenzo incorporates the proven use of stem cells in implant dentistry. By coating the implant itself in natural stem cells, he encourages faster and more efficient healing of the bone and soft tissues of the jaw. Your recovery time is shorter, and the holistic nature of the procedure means you’re treating your body as well as you’re treating your teeth and gums.
Another way we ensure a smooth implant procedure is through cone beam computed tomography, or CBCT. Cone beam technology allows for a faster and more accurate diagnosis. It also reveals the three-dimensional architecture of the periodontium (the gum tissues that surround and support your teeth) as it actively helps to reconstruct it.
Interested in metal-free dental implants or other dental implant options? Call 610-228-4366 to schedule a consultation with one of our implant dentists.