Treat Sleep Apnea in South Williamsport to Improve Your Health
Sleep apnea not only robs you – and the rest of your household – of rest at night, it makes it hard to concentrate and focus during the day. In addition, research has linked sleep apnea to serious medical conditions like high blood pressure and heart disease. Our South Williamsport, PA dentists can fit you for a custom-made oral appliance that keeps your airway open as you sleep. Your rest will no longer be interrupted by frequent pauses in breathing.
Our sleep apnea treatment will:
- Help you sleep soundly through the night
- Relieve uncomfortable symptoms like dry mouth and headaches
- Reduce daytime sleepiness
- Lower your risk of high blood pressure, gastric reflux, and other conditions linked to apnea
If you suspect you may need sleep apnea treatment, call 570-433-8019.
An Oral Appliance Is a Comfortable CPAP Alternative
If you have this sleep disorder, Dr. David DiGiallorenzo can fit you for a custom-made device called the Silent Nite appliance. You wear this device, which resembles a retainer, while you sleep. It gently moves your lower jaw forward in a position that keeps your airway open. It works well for mild and moderate cases of obstructive sleep apnea. For more severe cases, a common treatment option is a CPAP machine, which keeps your airway open with a flow of compressed air.
Many sleep apnea sufferers prefer an appliance because it is:
- Comfortable – There’s no mask to cover your face or tubing to restrict movement in your sleep. You’re also less likely to wake with a dry mouth or sore throat.
- Convenient – You can use an appliance anywhere, even on an airplane or in a tent. No electricity or batteries are needed. It fits into a pocket or purse, so it’s easy to transport.
Stay Alert to Sleep Apnea Symptoms
Chronic snoring is the sleep apnea symptom that leads many people to seek treatment. However, you might also experience:
- Gasping for breath during sleep
- Frequent headaches
- Waking abruptly during the night
- Frequent feelings of fatigue
Daytime fatigue is not only annoying but potentially deadly. A recent study found that sleep apnea sufferers are more than twice as likely to have accidents while driving.
We’ll treat your sleep apnea so you can stay healthy and get a good night’s rest. Call the LANAP and Implant Center at 570-433-8019 to see if an oral appliance can help.