Trust Us For Gentle Tooth Removal in South Williamsport
Sometimes, tooth removal is necessary – even in adulthood. Your adult teeth are meant to last a lifetime, but trauma, decay, or disease can mean you need a tooth removed. If so, your South Williamsport, PA dentist will use The Wand® for pain-free local anesthesia, ensuring your procedure is smooth and comfortable. A tooth extraction from the LANAP and Implant Center can help:
- Stop your nagging pain so you can relax and feel better
- Protect your gums and healthy teeth from damage
- Prevent the need for more extensive dental treatment later on
- Make biting and chewing more comfortable
Removing Your Tooth Is a Last Resort
Although Dr. DiGiallorenzo and our skilled team will always try to save your tooth if possible, a tooth extraction may be necessary in these situations:
- We need to make room for more teeth or prepare your teeth for proper alignment.
- Your oral health depends on stopping the spread of disease.
- Gum disease has infected and loosened the tooth.
- The tooth cannot be preserved through root canal treatment.
Know What to Expect
Your comfort is our top priority. We’ll begin your procedure by administering syringe-free local anesthesia using The Wand®. You won’t feel a thing with this innovative technique. If you’re nervous about getting your tooth removed, we offer oral sedation with a small pill or IV sedation that will put you in a “twilight state.”
Once you’re relaxed, we’ll gently remove the tooth and pack the socket (the hole where the tooth was) with gauze. After a thorough check-over, we’ll send you home – one step closer to a healthy smile!
Recovery from a tooth extraction usually takes just a few days. Depending on your situation, we may have you return to our office to make sure the area is healing as it should. You will be given specific instructions to make the healing process as comfortable and quick as possible.
Tooth removal can be a comfortable, stress-free experience at the LANAP and Implant Center. Call us today to schedule your appointment: 570-322-4741.
The Pioneer of Zirconia Metal-Free Dental Implants in US