Nonsurgical Gum Disease Treatment in Williamsport Revives Your Gums
Besides causing you embarrassment, chronic bad breath may be a sign of gum disease, or periodontal disease. For adults in the US, gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss. However, our South Williamsport dentists at the LANAP and Implant Center can bring your gums back to health using our integrated approach to nonsurgical gum disease treatment. Dr. DiGiallorenzo’s and Dr. Hsu’s skilled treatment can:Non Surgical Gum Disease Treatment
- Eliminate infection from your gums and prevent damage to your other teeth
- Save your teeth and help you avoid tooth extraction
- Stop bone loss and gum recession so you can maintain an attractive smile
- Help you maintain lasting gum health and total body health
If your gums are suffering, call us today to make an appointment: 570-433-8019. Our friendly office is convenient for residents in and around the 17702 ZIP code.
LANAP – Our Flagship Treatment For Restoring Gum Health
Using an innovative method called LANAP (laser-assisted new attachment procedure), we will detoxify your mouth to remove the infection in your gums. This is the only FDA-approved laser treatment for gum infection designed to remove harmful toxins – toxins that can destroy bone and gum tissue. Dental laser treatment actually encourages the growth of new tissue.
Compared to traditional gum disease treatment, LANAP is:
- Painless – We won’t do any cutting, so you won’t need any stitches. Both your treatment and your recovery will be comfortable.
- Convenient – Your procedure can be completed in just one appointment because the laser removes damaged tissue quicker than a scalpel does.
- Fast – Without stitches, your recovery period will be shorter.
In addition to laser gum disease therapy with LANAP, other treatment options may include:Gum Disease Treatment
- Antibacterial therapy with germ-killing medication applied directly to the infected areas
- Enzyme suppression using a medication that prevents your body from breaking down bone and gum tissue
- Nutritional therapy to show you how your food choices affect your oral and overall health
Protect Your Health by Knowing the Symptoms of Gum Disease
Bleeding gums when you brush or floss is one of the most common signs of gum disease. Gum disease has been linked to serious health conditions such as heart disease, strokes, respiratory infections, diabetes, and even certain cancers. Contact us if you notice bleeding or any of these other symptoms:
- Red or swollen gums, or gums that are sore to the touch
- Noticeable pockets between your teeth and gums
- Loose or shifting teeth
- Chronic bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth
- Changes in your bite or discomfort when putting your teeth together
Nonsurgical gum disease treatment can make your gums healthy and give you a brighter smile. Call us today at 570-433-8019 to schedule an appointment for care.