Restore Your Oral Function With Metal-Free Dental Implants in South Williamsport
A growing number of dentists are offering dental implants. It’s no wonder, given their many advantages over other teeth replacements. Yet very few dental practices offer metal-free dental implants. Dr. David DiGiallorenzo has been working with implants made of biocompatible zirconia since 2009. In fact, his office was the first in the country to place zirconium implants. Patients travel from all around the country to take advantage of his expertise.Metal Free Dental Implants
Patients come to the LANAP and Implant Center in South Williamsport, PA for zirconia dental implants and our other specialized implant services, including:
- Implant-Supported and Implant-Retained Dentures – Full arches of replacement teeth stay securely in place when they’re attached to dental implants with either a bar or ball-and-snap system. No adhesive is needed! You can get overdentures in your upper jaw, lower jaw, or both.
- Immediate Total Tooth Replacement – You can get dental implants and replacement teeth in a single appointment, so you’ll never be without your smile.
To find out more about dental implants, including metal-free options, call the LANAP and Implant Center at 570-433-8019.
Don’t Worry About Allergies With Metal-Free Implants
Some people are allergic to titanium, the material most often used in metal implants. In addition, manufacturers sometimes add metals like vanadium and aluminum to their titanium implants. You won’t have to worry about allergic reactions with zirconia, a kind of super-strong ceramic that is completely biocompatible with your gum and bone tissue.
Metal-free implants offer other advantages too:
- Unlike metal implants, zirconia implants will never leave a darkened area atop your gums. Because zirconia better matches the color of your natural tooth roots, it gives you a more natural-looking appearance.
- Zirconia may discourage plaque and tartar buildup, which makes you less susceptible to gum disease.
Our Experienced Implant Dentist Works With All Kinds of Implants
Metal-free implants weren’t introduced until 20 years after metal dental implants. Because of this, far fewer dentists use them. Dr. DiGiallorenzo is one of the most experienced metal-free implant dentists in the United States.
In 2009, the LANAP and Implant Center became the first dental office in the U.S. to begin using the Z-Look zirconia dental implant made by Swiss biotechnology company Z-Systems. Dr. DiGiallorenzo has since used several generations of their metal-free implants and serves as a consultant for the company. He has a deep understanding of when it’s best to use metal-free implants and the skill and experience to ensure their success. He also coats your implant in natural stem cells, which promotes faster and more efficient healing of your jaw.
Enjoy Many Advantages of Dental Implants
Whether you use metal dental implants or metal-free implants, they offer numerous advantages over other teeth replacements. They:
- Feel just like natural teeth – They look, feel, and perform so much like your natural teeth, you’ll likely forget you have them. In most cases, you’ll care for them simply by brushing and flossing.
- Prevent bone loss – After you lose teeth, your jawbone deteriorates over time. Ill-fitting dentures also cause jawbone deterioration. Implants serve the same function as tooth roots, stimulating your jaw so it stays strong. We can even take advantage of the bone you have by planning your procedure with CBCT 3D imaging.
- Keep teeth in place – Implants are embedded in your jaw, where bone grows around them. Given this, you don’t have to worry about replacement teeth moving or coming loose. Eat whatever you want, knowing your implants will stay in place. You’ll never again need adhesive to secure your teeth.
To schedule a dental implants consultation, call the LANAP and Implant Center at 570-433-8019. Metal-free dental implants may be right for you!