Restore Your Gum Health in Collegeville & South Williamsport
If your gums have receded or become infected, your smile’s appearance is affected. You can also end up losing teeth and bone. Our specialists at the LANAP and Implant Center will stop the underlying cause of your unhealthy gums, whether it’s gum disease or something else. They also may use gum grafts to restore your gum line and prevent possible bone loss.
Gum treatment will:
- Prevent you from losing teeth caused by bone loss
- Cover exposed tooth roots so your teeth aren’t sensitive
- Keep bacteria from getting in between teeth and gums, where it can cause extensive dental damage
- Give your gumline a more attractive look
Treat Gum Disease With LANAP
If gum disease is causing your gums to be unhealthy, our specialists will treat it with our LANAP procedure. With LANAP, they use a laser to painlessly remove your diseased tissue. There is no cutting or stitching, so healing is faster and the risk of infection is lower too. The FDA-approved laser protocol also encourages your gum tissue to regenerate itself.
LANAP is a safe and very comfortable alternative to many traditional gum treatment options. You’ll be amazed at how quickly your mouth returns to health. Call us for a second opinion!
Experience Comfortable Gum Grafting With Homeopathic Care & PRGF
In some cases, gum recession will get so bad that gum grafting is necessary to restore a healthy smile. Recession is caused by gum disease, genetics, or damage to your gums over time. Dr. DiGiallorenzo and Dr. Hsu do all they can to make your gum graft procedure fast and comfortable and to ensure a speedy recovery. They use:
- Donor-less Tissue – Some dentists take tissue from the roof of your mouth. We don’t, which means much less discomfort and time for you.
- The Wand® – With this computerized anesthesia delivery system, you won’t feel the burning or stinging sensation that can result when receiving anesthesia with a syringe. Plus, you won’t have unpleasant lingering numbness for hours following your procedure.
During your procedure, you can get one of two kinds of safe dental sedation. Once the tissue is in place, our specialists apply plasma rich in growth factors (PRGF). This substance is created by collecting a small blood sample from you and using a special process to promote your blood’s own power to heal. This helps ensure a speedy recovery. You can also take advantage of our homeopathic care for even faster healing.