Full-Mouth Reconstruction Vs. A Smile Makeover
LANAP and Implant Center of Pennsylvania offers so many great smile-improving treatments and procedures it can be hard to decide which one you want. Luckily, there are two ways for Dr. DiGiallorenzo to package together all the dental care you need in one comprehensive treatment plan.
Visit him for a smile makeover or a full-mouth reconstruction consultation at our Collegeville, PA office or our Williamsport, PA location. You can treat your teeth to a smile makeover if your needs are more cosmetic. If what you’re after is increased functionality, a full-mouth reconstruction is a better fit for you.
At your consultation, we’ll do a full exam with a variety of imaging and evaluations. By collecting as much information as possible about your dental health and your smile goals, we’ll be able to create a fully customized treatment plan for you.
One of the benefits of going to one dentist for all of your treatments is consistency in quality and service. You certainly wouldn’t want your new smile to be a patchwork smile! You can rest assured that Dr. DiGiallorenzo and his associates will treat you with care and execute every treatment and procedure beautifully for a new smile that lives up to your every expectation.
Your Smile Makeover
Even when your smile is healthy, the look of it can be less than thrilling. A smile makeover is how you can take all the benefits cosmetic dentistry has to offer to build your best smile. Some of the treatments available to you at LANAP and Implant Center are:
- Gum Reshaping – When you look at photos of you smiling, if your eyes are drawn to your gums you have a gummy smile. We can fix that with our gentle laser. We’ll use a gentle laser to push back your gumline and expose more tooth. Using a laser allows us more accuracy, so your new gumline will be even. You’ll also heal faster and experience less discomfort. You’ll be out showing off your new smile in no time!
- Teeth Recontouring – If you have a tooth that:
- Is too long
- Is too wide
- Is a little chipped
- Has uneven enamel
Your tooth can be reshaped to match all your other teeth for a beautiful, uniform smile through teeth recontouring. This process is quick and completely painless.
- Gum Recession Treatment – Your gums can give your age away. As you get older, your gums can recede making your teeth look long. Not only is this look unflattering, it also exposes the roots of your teeth to bacteria that can lead to tooth loss. We’ll use a gum graft to get your gumline back to a healthy level that will also improve the appearance your smile.
Your Full-Mouth Reconstruction
Many of your full-mouth reconstruction procedures will be completed same-day, so you can get to enjoying your new teeth as quickly as possible. There are certain procedures that will require a follow-up visit to complete. We understand that dental anxiety can dampen the excitement of new teeth, which is why we offer oral sedation and IV sedation to put you at ease during your treatment.
The foundation of most of our full-mouth reconstruction treatment plans is often dental implants. Dental implants can take several visits and months of healing in-between, but we also offer an Immediate Total Tooth Replacement. Your dental implants will bond with your jaw for a secure hold, just like your natural teeth. By using stem cell technology, we can speed up this bonding process.
Some other services that could be a part of your full-mouth reconstruction are:
- LANAP Periodontal Disease Treatment – Even your teeth have become loose or bad breath has become an issue, treating your gum disease can resolve symptoms.
- Crown Lengthening – Crown lengthening can be done to prepare your gums for a dental implant or can be done before you receive a dental crown. It allows more tooth be exposed for a more natural looking replacement.
- Bone Grafting-For your dental implants to have a secure hold, they need to be able to anchor into your bone. If that’s not possible, we can do a bone graft to build up your done to support a dental implant.
- Gum Grafting – We mentioned gum grafting as a smile makeover option, but it’s also an important full-mouth reconstruction procedure. Without gum grafting, the roots of your teeth would be in jeopardy and put your new smile at-risk.
Get a great new smile! Schedule your consultation today. Reach our Collegeville location at 610-228-4366 or call our Williamsport office at 570-505-6908.